How to apply
Caithness Business Fund's mission is to promote the economic growth of Caithness and North Sutherland by supporting new or existing businesses and developing the skill base to meet new challenges. It is currently offering grants from £100 to £5,000 to eligible persons or companies (partnership, firm, or other body of persons, whether corporate or unincorporated) carrying out or proposing to carry out any business, undertaking or retail, commercial or industrial activity (not in excluded sectors/business activities) and which in the Fund’s view does not significantly displace another business.
- Already in business or;
- Looking to start a new business/enterprise
- Based in the Caithness and North Sutherland area
- Needing working capital or training to develop
Excluded sectors/business activities:
- Activities having a detrimental impact on the environment
- Financial Services
- Morally or Ethically controversial activities
- Primary Agriculture (including forestry)
- Property Development
Conditions of grant award:
Applicants must -:
- supply such progress reports as may be reasonably required by Caithness Business Fund
- agree to participate in any publicity with regards the grant award
- agree to a business mentor* for a 12 month period
- not submit an application which is for retrospective funding
*A business mentor will be allocated to a successful grantee based on their individual business needs.
Key information is required in order to assess suitable applications. However we encourage applicants to contact us if there are any aspects of the application form or process that they require assistance with or further information on i.e. production of a business plan or financials.