How to apply
Caithness Business Fund’s mission is to promote the economic growth of Caithness and North Sutherland by supporting new or existing businesses and developing the skill base to meet new challenges. It is currently offering grants from £100 to £5,000 to eligible persons or companies (partnership, firm, or other body of persons, whether corporate or unincorporated) carrying out or proposing to carry out any business, undertaking or retail, commercial or industrial activity (not in excluded sectors/business activities) and which in the Fund’s view does not significantly displace another business.
- Already in business or;
- Looking to start a new business/enterprise
- Nased within the Caithness and North Sutherland area (defined as the Dounreay Travel to Work Area)*
- Needing working capital or training to develop
- Looking to employ an apprentice
Excluded sectors/business activities:
- Activities having a detrimental impact on the environment
- Financial Services
- Morally or Ethically controversial activities
- Primary Agriculture (including forestry)
- Property Development
**speak to the Fund team to find out more details as some funds are ringfenced with specific excluded sectors, however there are limited funds available which do not carry these restrictions.
Conditions of grant award:
Applicants must -:
- supply such progress reports as may be reasonably required by Caithness Business Fund
- agree to participate in any publicity with regards the grant award
- not submit an application which is for retrospective funding
Please note that the Fund may place additional conditions on any given grant award.
Key information is required in order to assess suitable applications. However we encourage applicants to contact us if there are any aspects of the application form or process that they require assistance with or further information on i.e. production of a business plan or financials.
An application form and guidelines can be downloaded here.
* Dounreay Travel to Work Area: The whole of Caithness, and north west to Melness / Tongue and south to Brora in Sutherland.